Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Making Tents?

I am in Minneapolis currently at a Tentmakers training. Many wonder what actually is happening up here, am I really learning how to make tents? The answer to that question is, "no". Tentmakers is a training institute where I am putting together a professional ministry plan, and a personal ministry plan. Today we spent alot of time on decision making and the proper steps in making a good decision. The one thing that stuck out to me is it helps to write down the choices and the criteria you are using to make your decision. I many times just make the decision and move on without really establishing criteria and looking at possible choices based on that criteria.
The other thing that has stuck out to me this week is how much I miss being home. I enjoy the time I spend every night with my family and the unexpected run-ins with students and their families while we are out and about. My family and JOLT family mean the world to me and I am excited to get home to see them all again soon.

1 comment:

Pheaney said...

I want to have a conversation about this when you get back. Sounds awesome!