Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What a Trip It Was

The youth from Grace have returned from Bayou La Batre, Alabama and the impact has been amazing. The students that went were incredible! They all worked so hard and learned so much about how God works. We spent two days doing work projects and two days helping with a local kids club. Each night we spent together doing some traveling around the community and seeing some local sights.
The highlight for me was our club time and church time every night. The club time was a a time when the whole group was together and a YouthWorks staff member led us in worship and with a lesson. Afterwards, we went into church time. This was a chance for just our Grace group to meet and talk about what had happened that day. I enjoyed hearing what the student's experiences were and what they had learned that day.
I can assure that the students that we took on this trip were changed. The way that God worked in their lives was incredible. We studied Luke 1:37, which says, "For nothing is impossible with God." I know the students believe that and I know that I will never doubt that again.

No comments: